Search This Blog

Thursday 13 May 2010

Beestrax



Here's an odd one...one of my first ever compilations, originally made when I was still young enough to believe that all you had to do to make a compilation was to add together a load of your favourite tracks and copy them onto a C-90 cassette. Simple! No licensing, no rights to clear and you could draw your own cases for them too, and for that professional touch, you could use pics cut out from various magazines. No worries about marketing and creating 'hooks' to hang the album on so that people would buy it! All the complications that arose when creating various artist CDs for a living, just didn't exist (or at least it seemed that way!) Just make up a tape for your own enjoyment. Millions did it!

Over the years several of my friends requested copies of this tape, and it still remains one of my favourite things to listen to. Created from various album tracks and 7" single b-sides (remember them?), the title "Beestrax" was quite clever, at least I thought so at the time! Now lovingly re-created on CDR, I can let this album take me back to my youth, it'll do until they invent time-travel...

TRACK LIST
12. Imposter - Withered And Died

No comments:

Post a Comment