Search This Blog

Sunday 1 May 2016

25 Songs, 25 Days - Day Ten


DAY TEN - A SONG BY YOUR FAVOURITE BAND

Picking my favourite band is easy. I first heard XTC in 1977, and I've got every song released by them, either as a band, or as one of the many solo projects or collaborations that the individual members have taken part in, right up to their DVD audio surround sound re-issues, currently being issued on a very irregular basis. Their music has led me through punk, pop, folk, rock, psychedelia, reggae, dance, and a whole load of other genres, and their lyrics have covered almost every conceivable subject from famous landmarks to songs about the penis (seek out 'Pink Thing' - pure genius!), from helicopters to ladybirds, from pyromania to atheism. So what one to pick for this list? I chose a simple love song...




No comments:

Post a Comment