Search This Blog

Monday 22 February 2010

And so it begins...

So why start a blog if nobody is listening?

I know there are millions of blogs out there wittering on about the music they love, so why can't I be one of them?

Having compiled compilation albums that sold in their millions, and having had a regular column published in a well respected music magazine for several years, I am probably more entitled to air my opinions than most. My music tastes are wide and varied, and if I manage to keep the blog going, I should be able to cover some of the wide variety of music I listen to.

From the pure pop of the 70s & 80s, to the chart fodder that is excreted through modern media. From classical composers of the past to the contemporary electronic ones of today. The world music from every country on the atlas, to local bands in London and the south of England.

My music collection has grown to around a quarter of a million recordings from all genres, on mp3, CD, vinyl, tape and shellac. Some of this lot might be of interest to others???

Along the way I'll make a note of those who depart this world, and probably add a few comments on those who should....

No comments:

Post a Comment