Search This Blog

Sunday 2 October 2011

Play this when I die!

 

My 50th birthday, the constant trips to the doctors, the constant pain, and the everyday irritations of this world we live in, have made me consider the end of life lately.
Not that I want it to happen, or even have any real fear of it happening soon, just what happens when it does?
The last thing I'd want is to have some religious nut, spouting away about what a wonderful life I'd led, and how everybody loved me, when in fact, I've been a miserable bastard for most of it, and haven't done much with it at all! A couple of good kids, a decent marriage, and a few compilations left behind on non-biodegradable CDs is all I have to show for 50 years on this planet, so when I go, I'd like to at least have a send of that I can be proud of.
So here it is.
There's some tracks here that mean a lot to me for one reason and another, and those that do know me will know their meaning. So hopefully this will remain out there in cyberspace for a bit longer than I'll be around for, so if there's anyone left behind when I do go - play this!

1
The Somnambulist
XTC
2
So Long Ago, So Clear
Vangelis & Jon Anderson
3
Clair de Lune (Debussy)
Earl Wild
4
Rejoice In The Sun
Joan Baez
5
Solitude (Ella Wheeler Wilcox)
Meryl Streep
6
In My Life
Beatles
7
I Only Want To Be With You
Shelby Lynne
8
My Funny Valentine
Elvis Costello
9
Stars
Janis Ian
10
Aria From La Wally (Catalani)
Wilhelmenia Fernandez
11
I See a Darkness
Johnny Cash
12
Heaven Can Wait
Meat Loaf
13
Feeling good
Nina Simone
14
Q5 Piano Tune
Spike Milligan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment