Search This Blog

Friday 29 April 2016

25 Songs, 25 Days - Day Eight


DAY EIGHT - A SONG THAT REMINDS YOU OF YOUR FIRST LOVE

When I went to Junior School, I had to get on a coach to take me there every morning and return me home every afternoon. On that coach was a little blonde haired girl called Alison Bagley. She was my first 'love' and my friends and I made up a love song to sing to her, on the way to school, which made no sense whatsoever to us, or anyone else for that matter. It just sounded funny at the time. The tune was the Herman's Hermits hit 'Sunshine Girl', the re-worked lyrics are listed below. Please don't judge me... Sorry Alison, wherever you are!



Sunshine Girl I'm looking down your bra
I see two round things
I wonder what they are.
Can you invite me
To squeeze them tightly?
"Not bloody likely!" - said Sunshine Girl!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment